1. Joe Louis tried for a comeback in 1950, but got defeated
Charles Sugar Ray
2. In 1951, #24 for the Giants gets his gets his 1st major league
hit, a home run. Who is he?
3. In the 1952 Winter Olympic Games in Oslo, an American won a
second Gold Medal for figure skating. The American is...
4. In the Summer Olympic Games in Helsinki, an American won his
second Gold Medal for the decathlon? He is...
5. In 1952 The Yankee Clipper retired from baseball. Who is he?
6. In 1954, basball legend Hank Aaron begins his career by joining
7. In 1954, Roger Bannister breaks an important record, the _____
_____ _____. 4 Minute
Mile Runs Batted
In NBA Scoring
8. Finally, in 1955 the Brooklyn Dodgers win the World Series by
defeating... Milwaukee Braves
New York Yankees
9. In 1956, Althea Gibson becomes the first black woman to...?
Medal in figure
skating Run the
4 minute mile
Win a major
10. In 1957, a man many consider to be the finest athlete of the
century retired? Who was he?
11. The great running back Jim Brown was the NFL Rookie of the Year
in 1957. For whom did he play?
Green Bay Packers
12. In 1958 one of golf's greatest players will win his first of
four Masters. Only Jack Nicklaus has won more. He is...
13. In 1959, San Francisco Giants stadium is renamed Candlestick
Park. Recently it got a corporate name which is...
Stadium 3Com Park
14. Lee, Richard and Kyle are three generations of a family that
dominated at the ... Daytona 500
15. Which of these teams is NOT the result of a change of cities in
the 50s? Los
Angeles Dodgers San Francisco Giants
Top of PageBack to
Trivia Quizzes IndexBack to Trivia and Games
Copyright 2009. Candace Rich. All rights